Monday, July 21, 2008

Another one of our daughters is "flying the coop"!


Bruce and Mandie. . . . Mandie and Bruce! Seems like those names just go together and I guess they will from now on because Bruce proposed to Mandie Saturday and she said. . . . . you guessed it! She said, "YES!" So, are we losing a daughter or gaining a son? We choose to gain a son! Mandie's family loves Bruce and he gets along very well with her dad (which is very important!!!) since they both dabble in lawn work! (Of course he gets along very well with me, too, also important!) Early on in their dating he started wearing a T-shirt that said something like, "Your mom would love me!" That turned out to be true! Guess Scott won't be my favorite son-in-law any more, but I still love him the same! He's great, too! I tried to explain to Bianca the other day how your love grows with each additional family member who comes along and that goes for sons-in-law, too. God has blessed us with men who love our daughters and that and serving God is all parents could ask for, really. So, be glad for them and look for an invitation in a few ??? months! Their date is still undecided!

6 comments:

Bianca said...

What do you mean "Scott won't be your favorite son-in-law anymore?"!

Brenda Marquez said...

Okay, he'll always be number one! And I will still be his favorite mother-in-law!!! :-)

Amanda Marquez said...

what she means is that whenever I do get married she will have 2 of the best son-in-laws ever. so stop being a nerd bianca nicole used to be marquez!!! =)

Brenda Marquez said...

Well said, Mandie! That's true! Scott will always be my number one, Bruce the second, etc., but I will love them all the same, just like I love Binky, Mandie, Dafne and Noel the same! But, Scott is still my favorite son-in-law until the wedding!!! So enjoy it, Scott! :-)

Bianca said...

Goodness sakes! You'd think we had a family feud going on here if you didn't know any better! I understand...Scott will always be FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding:-)

Brenda Marquez said...

Oh, how I love my kids, including my son-in-law and son-in-law to be! I wouldn't trade any of you for anything! (Not even a cookie, Mandie!)

Love, Mom