Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Daddy!

Today would have been my daddy's 78th birthday, and so I want to say, "Happy Birthday, Daddy! I miss you so very much! It's been almost 16 1/2 years since you left to live in Heaven, and I still miss you! There are times that I am almost overwhelmed with life and think, 'Oh, if I could just talk to Daddy and Mother about this, or Daddy would know what to do about this, or I just need one of Daddy's big, big hugs!' Well, you're in Heaven, happy and safe with Mother and a lot of other family, and most of all with Jesus. I'm glad! Things are getting crazy here, but you won't have to deal with that. I know that your prayers and Mother's prayers have seen us through some hard times! I love you, Daddy! I wish you could see your two grandchildren that you never met, see our oldest two whom you loved and meet Scott and Bruce~~~~and then there's little Wyatt! You would have loved him so much! I think he has your beautiful eyes! And Noel, he is so much like you, I think! You would have enjoyed working with him and doing things together. Dafne is one of our pride and joys! You would have been proud of all of your grandchildren and now your great grandchildren. I expect to meet you some day! I love you, Daddy! I wish you could read this! I'll never forget the last hug you gave me. Sometimes I pull it out and try it on again, in my memories, because I need to feel you close! Have a wonderful birthday in Heaven! Tell Mother and all the rest that I love them, too!"

3 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Brenda, that was beautiful and heart rending. My heart goes out to you. It hurts so much to lose a loved one!!!!

Your daddy was a wonderful man. I'm glad our families were close, I have many good memories of him also.

Love you,
Diane

Amanda Marquez said...

Happy Birthday grandpa! I know its a few days late but thats how I am just a lil on the late side! I love you and Grandma! And I know when we get to heaven you will have a great big can of freshly made pickels!!! Can't wait!

Sheila Kay said...

Hi Brenda, yes that is "Grandma Gerri's" little girl. Caitlin smiles when I mention "Grandma Gerri." She's one person I don't have to worry about making it to Heaven. What a reunion! It's hard to believe that your daddy has been gone so long. Your parents meant a whole lot to me and still do. I loved them dearly. Certainly, I can thank your mother for my job with Caitlin. I think of them often as I am close by "visiting" my baby Darrin.

Hope all is well with you and yours and that you're getting settled in your new house. You have a very handsome grandson. Take care and praying for you all.