Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thank God for protection!




"Praise God from whom all blessings flow . . ." is the song in my heart this morning. Mandie, Dafne and Noel are at the Abilene Youth Camp and were there last night when this storm ripped through Salina, Abilene, and a line of towns. Mandie called last night and said that they were all headed to the basement at the camp. I didn't think too much about it, concerned, but used to bad weather, until I talked to someone who looked on their TV and told me that a tornadic storm was headed from Salina to Abilene. That's when I was so thankful to have Someone to go to. I felt so helpless, but He was right there in the situation and the tornado did not touch down at the camp, but went on to a small town east of there, touching down, killing 2 people and distroying their town. Here are a couple of pictures from the wreckage around the area. I can only thank God that He spared the camp, protected our children, as well as all of the other campers! He answers prayer. Mandie said this morning when I talked to her, "Mom, they said it's not by chance that the tornado missed Abilene!" May this put a desire in the hearts of all of the young people to get as close to God as they can. We just never know what will happen when we get up in the morning!

3 comments:

Keith and Crystal said...

I'm so thankful they're okay. I'm sure they will be happy to get home. My heart goes out to those that have damage to home, or anything else for that matter.

Bianca said...

Wow! Amazing what a little wind can do. I know its not by chance either.

Diane said...

I know Amaris and Andrew are there also, I didn't know about the storm till I saw it on your blog. Wow! I'm glad you were praying!