Monday, March 9, 2009

Well, as things go. . . . . . I did remember to take my memory card to WalMart, but of course, their instant kiosk was out of ribbon (whatever that is for) and so I am still waiting to get pictures to download on here. I have lots! But while we are waiting for that, I decided to share a few things with you that I thought of last night.

It was late, probably 11:30 p.m. Dafne had just gotten back from a deputation service and was seeing Scott, Binky and Wyatt for the first time in 7 months! It had been a busy day~~~~we were all tired and winding down for the night, to be ready for work and school today. Yesterday was Binky's birthday (more on that later) and we had celebrated that, also, gone to our new house and peeked around inside (not done yet~~more on that later!) and were tired. After devotions Manuel and I headed to bed and as I lay there, not feeling sleepy particularly, I just listened to the sounds of the apartment, the soft breathing of my husband as he was falling asleep, the murmer of our girls' voices and occassional laughter as they continued to "catch up", silence from Noel (he plays hard and sleeps hard! Once he's out, he's out!), and by this time, silence from our adorable grandson and Scott! I thought, as I lay there, how very blessed I am! My family was all under one roof for the first time in seven months, and even though it isn't our own roof, it is a roof! I realized that even though I don't even know at this point what of our material possessions have survived, it is not important in the light of what we do have, which is God and our family! My love for God and my family swelled in my heart at that moment and I fell asleep with that thought! I am so blessed!

2 comments:

Diane said...

You have a LOT to be thankful for, and I'm happy for you! I've been there and know the feeling. But it brought tears to my eyes remembering. Guess I got to feeling a little sorry for myself. But though I am alone in the flesh, with Jesus I am never alone, and I still have a lot to be thankful for. So many times we take our loved ones for granted, but how quickly life can change!

Vicki Clifton said...

Thanks for showing us how blest we are! It was encouraging to be reminded. I've missed your post ;) Glad everyone returned home safely.