Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thanks, Larressa!

I just read Laressa Hollenbeck's blog and felt very inspired by her related answer to prayer. Her story was in response to a past blog entry of Crystal Schaper's, who told of answered prayers. We all have answers to prayer, because God is the God of all answers, but sometimes we forget to share them! Many times during the day, I breathe up a prayer and sometimes there is an instant answer! Always there is relief! I remember one time while we were in Mexico that we were so tired and worn out from being there for a long time without a real furlough. We just were needing a break. Manuel said that if we could financially, he would like for us to drive in Mexico for a few days and just get away, while still "scouting out the land". For us in our financial situation, that was impossible at the time. I remember distinctly that he was sitting on the front porch of our home in Mexico, discouraged and tired, and I brought in the mail. There in a letter from some friends we have only met one time, was a check for over and above the amount that was needed for a little get away! I walked out to where Manuel was, handed him the check, and said, "There's the money!" Praise the Lord for knowing and seeing right where we are and loving us anyway! He does supply all of our needs! Last December, as we stood and watched our home burning, it seemed like He wasn't there! How could He be when this was happening? I asked Jerry, our pastor, why this was happening to us and he had no answer either. Now I see the beauty that God has made out of the ruins of our existance! I can only marvel at His goodness to us! Please let's share our answers to prayer!!!!

No comments: