Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Help! I'm submerged!!!! :-)

Oh, my goodness! Who would ever have thought that moving into a new house would have so many complications? I thought we had a down hill ride now, but lo and behold, it is not so! It is Wednesday----we are planning to have a birthday party at our house for Wyatt on Saturday, and still the boxes line the walls and the ramp is still in place for the front steps and on and on! By the way, I can't believe I forgot to get on here on Wyatt's birthday and wish the little man a very happy birthday from his Abuelo and his Noni! He is the joy of our lives and so cute! We were a totally captive audience last evening as he "showed off" for us in his adorable way! What a precious dolly! Well, back to the house and all that entails. Plus the wedding! It just hit me yesterday on my way home from work that Mandie would be married in about six weeks and I cried a lot of the way home! We love Bruce dearly and know that with God's help, he will be a wonderful husband to Mandie, but just the thoughts of her leaving home is so tough! Well, after I boohooed for a few miles, I got home and got on a different track! Last Friday I took off the day of work to try and get a lot done in the house. My first project began early in the morning as I went out to straighten the front porch. I have a thing about my front door and porch looking good, even if nothing else does! I stepped outside and promptly landed sitting and slid down the ramp that is still at the door because my husband has not had time to build proper steps. I guess there was a little bit of frost on the ramp from the night before. Fortunately I only twisted my leg and didn't do any big damage, but was in pain about all day and therefore didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to. The next morning I was for sure going to get a lot done, and I woke up with a gift from kids who had been sick a couple days last week with the flu-----their colds and flu! Monday I was still sick, but through it all I have managed to get some things done and believe it or not feel encouraged. This birthday party is certainly not going to be an "open house" to the whole house, but I'm sure it will all be fine! Thank God for understanding friends and family!
My gas range has not been connected yet---three weeks with a new stove and I can't cook on it! We have propane because we are in the country and for some reason the propane company decided that while we were transitioning to our new house we didn't need the tank. So, they came and pulled it, along with the propane that was in it, without the courtesy of a phone call or anything! It has been a long process getting it back, because they decided that the gas line that had been in place for over 7 years was in the wrong place and needed to be totally redone! (At our expense.) Finally someone came out yesterday to inspect the pipeline and decided that it was fine! The tank was to be delivered today and when the man came, he looked as though he would much rather be sleeping than dealing with me and my tank. He mosied into the yard and looked around. He saw a cement block lying on the ground and (quite unnecessarily, I thought) said, "What's that?" Well, what was there to say, but, "A block?" I think he was looking for a septic tank, but who's to know with questions like that. Anyway, after awhile he knocked on the door and said, "We have a slight problem!" And I replied, "A slight problem, again?" Apparently the "inspector" had failed to note that Manuel had joined all of the pipe with teflon tape, which is not acceptable to propane people and so now he must take it all apart and rejoin it with what the propane guy called "goop". Fortunately he left some of the "goop" for Manuel and promised me that if all goes well, he will be at our house Friday to hook up my stove! Whooo-hooo!
Oh, boy, you gotta love life! It is so unpredictable. And if we embrace it, whatever comes along, we can get through our problems and set-backs much more quickly!

P.S. I have now lost my camera, so someday you will see pictures, maybe! Sorry!
Have a good day!

No comments: