Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thanks for the nice comments and especially for your prayers. Yesterday was a very hard day, after all, and I know the Lord was the only one who helped me get through it. I remember something that Cheryl Mahan said, a long time ago when we were on the mission field: "The battle is not your's, it's God's. Let Him fight it!" That has been a help to me on many occasions. We'll just have to have an open house when we finally get in one! Or maybe a pajama party, depending on the status of my clothes! I have several robes I can loan out! (Just kidding!) I really am doing fine with my clothes, just being silly and a little whinny! I'm fine! And, Binky, I can't wait for you and your little family to get here! Yes, definitely you and your sisters can help me decorate, when we find out what we have left to decorate with! I had to pick colors by myself yesterday, because Mandie was working in Independence and of course Dafne was at school. Manuel was pretty much agreeable to whatever, but did have some unintrusive opinions. I hope I did okay. It's kind of scarey to pick out everything alone! I should have called Becky to come help me, but didn't think of it in time! Oh, well, if we just get it set up and get our furniture back, I'm sure we'll be fine.

On another note, we still have our two puppies who are pictured on an earlier blog. We chose to keep them home, with Manuel driving back and forth every day to feed them and keep an eye on the house. Of course he also is working to get the house ready to pull off the foundation. Anyway, he forgot (?) to put the puppies in the pen the other evening and the next day the little lab (Chocolate) was gone. We looked and looked for him and Jazzy, the little cocker spaniel was very lonely without him. Yesterday the neighbor lady stopped Manuel as he drove by and said she had found Chocolate and gave him back! All of us were happy about that. Annie, our big dog whom we have had for over four years, feels her responsibility, I think! She is big stuff, guarding everything, the puppies and the kitties! Isn't it funny how a family gets attached to their pets, even if they are outside pets!

Okay, I need to stop rambling! Love you all!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Keep hanging in there Brenda!

So glad your puppy dog was found. We've always had pets, as long as I can remember, and they do mean so much to us. Right now I just have cats, but would like to have a dog eventually, just waiting until the right one comes along I guess.

Love and prayers!