Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We have had winter weather here in Oklahoma and actually it was very welcome. Our office was closed for part of Monday afternoon, all of Tuesday and half of a day today. Other than the horrific condition of the road coming home on Monday afternoon, it was a welcome respite. The kids were stuck in Independence with Mandie, so we missed them, but yesterday was just quiet and uneventful. Not a lot to do in a small apartment, so I did laundry (even washed my bedspread), slept when I felt like it, and just whiled away the day. I was relieved today to get back to work, even though I enjoyed being "lazy" yesterday. The sun is shining on the iced trees outside my office window and it is a beautiful sight. The ground is pretty much covered with white something, sleet, snow or a mixture of both! God is such an awesome artist!

We got word on Monday that everything is a go on our new house, so we are anxiously awaiting its arrival in about four weeks. We were waiting to see if our land appraised for what the mortgage company wanted it to, and we were pleasantly surprised to find that it has almost doubled in value since buying it in 2002. Please pray that the remainder of what needs to be done can be accomplished before time for our house to be delivered.

We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our Florida kids, probably the last of February. We will be so happy to spend more time with them. Also, this weekend Bev, Wayne, Robyn and Payton will be flying in from Florida to spend the weekend with family back here, so we will have a Hazelwood Family Day on Saturday, Lord Willing. I am really excited about that. Nothing could be better than having a "big sister" living close to me (Becky) unless it was to have both of my "big sisters" around! I am so blessed to have such great sisters!

I better get to work and sign off for now. Everyone have a good rest of the week!

3 comments:

Bianca said...

I am glad that you all are getting together, maybe you can solve the worlds problems while you are together! Haha, wouldn't that be nice! Love ya!

Brenda Marquez said...

Are you kidding? Aunt Bev, Aunt Becky and I? Solve the world's problems? Wow, what faith you have in us! Actually we will probably be silly all day! I hope so! I need silly! Why don't you come with them and help us solve whatever???? Or send Wyatt???? He could survive on formula, you know! :-)

Love you,
Mom

Diane said...

That was wonderful news about your property, and I'm glad everything is working out for you. God is SO good to us, isn't He?

Have fun with your family, it's great you have this opportunity to be together!