Friday, May 1, 2009

It's Getting Done!!!!

Well, sort of! I am officially down to about six boxes to go through, put away, ect. That is a good feeling! I suspect that by next week I may be able to post some pictures! I hope so! My goals for this weekend are to:
1. Finish decorating dining room and breakfast nook
2. Finish the six boxes
3. Decorate (finish) our Master bedroom and bath
4. Sort through the two "loss items" storage rooms that we have and finish our loss list to send to insurance

There, maybe that will hold me accountable and I will get it done! I hope so! There are a few boxes in the hall that aren't mine, so I hope the kids get those sorted and put where they go! Dafne's room is still on hold, waiting for the dry wall to get done, but Mandie and Noel have made headway on their rooms and they are looking better! Okay, that felt better to "say it out loud"! Thanks for listening and I'll keep you posted!

Oh, if you want a funny, here it is! My sister, Becky, was talking on the phone to her grandaughter, Kristin the other day and they were discussing Mandie's wedding. Kristin asked Becky what Owen was doing in the wedding and Becky tried to explain that he would be carrying the laso up the aisle. (For those of you who aren't familiar with this custom, a laso is a decorative silken rope that "ties" the bride and groom together in a symbolic ceremony depicting the "becoming one" with marriage. This is a very important part of a Hispanic wedding and Mandie and Bruce have chosen to include it in their ceremony.) Becky thought that calling it a rope would make more sense to Kristin, so she told her that Owen would be carrying a rope up the aisle. Kristin must have repeated what she said to her, because Becky heard Owen in the background saying something suspiciously like, "I'm going to bring a buffalo, too!" I don't think they quite got the idea! Oh, well, be sure you come for the show! With our funny family, it's no telling what might happen! "Talk" to you later!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Brenda, I wanted/planned to come to the wedding, but I was asked to play at a graduation on the 23rd and agreed to it, without realizing they were the same day! Bummer! I don't want to back out on this friend, so will just have to look at everyone's pictures. I'm sure you're all getting excited, it won't be long now.

I can hardly wait to see pictures of your house! I know you'll be glad when it's all done.

It was good to see you at the shower!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your progress! I'm very proud of you!!! I'd be hard pressed to have made that much progress myself. Thanks for the laugh with the rope and buffalo! Can't wait to see the "show!" Love ya,

Sue