Friday, October 17, 2008

My white basket

I think I will use my basket for toys for our little grandson! What do you think about that? That way he can climb in and out of it if he wants to and even hide under it from his mommy! (Just kidding!) I would never help him do anything ornery! Of course not! Although I remember my daddy "helping" us clean our plates if we didn't want all of our food. Isn't it amazing how we (those of you who have kids) thought it was just fine when our parents were a little lax with some of our rules, but we wouldn't think of it with our kids! Well, my parents' laxness only went as far as maybe slipping some of my food to Daddy while Mother wasn't looking, or him not telling that I got a ticket for speeding as I got older. One time he even paid a ticket for me! Wow! Anyway, however I got to this topic from what I plan to do with my oversized basket, I don't know! Have a good day everyone!

2 comments:

Diane said...

I don't know either but it brought back a memory to me. The exact place I'm not sure, I think it was either in Briscoe or Peace Valley, but when our families would eat together and I didn't want to finish my food(can you imagine-me-not wanting to eat)your dad would say, "I'm going to beat Diane", and I would say, "I'm going to beat Bob", and start scarfing my food down. He tricked me! I have many good memories of your parents, they were wonderful. Your mother knowing my love of fresh peaches, offered me the one in the dish on her table, but when I bit into it, it was plastic or wax, I can't remember which. She got a good laugh out of it anyway, I'm not sure I thought it was so funny. Well, there's more, but I'll stop with those two.

I feel nostalgic for those days, I'm afraid those days are long gone, in more ways than one. When I look at the way this country is going, I mourn. What a wonderful childhood I had, and what a different world I live in now.

Diane said...

Well goodness, I didn't mean to write a blog on your blog! That got rather lenghty! lol