Monday, October 13, 2008

Our weekend

Well, I spent part of my weekend working and the other part yard saleing and doing things like grocery shopping, cleaning (a little), ect. Over all it was a good weekend. I found some fun things at some yard sales, like a column with a pineapple carved on the top of it that was new (56.00 price tag) for $8.00. I also found a lot of (12) International Santa Clause figurines that my cousin, Sue Werle, collects, for a fraction of the regular price. She was happy to have them! One of my not as sensible purchases was a huge wooden framed mirror, square with a round beveled glass mirror. It must be very old, but I got it for $8.00, I think. I broke my yard sale rule, which is not to buy if I don't know where I will put it. I also got two very nice throw rugs in the exact shade that I need for a very reasonable price--a Dr. Laura book for a dollar and you know, just had a lot of fun. Everyone needs a day like that sometimes! I hope everyone has a good week!

3 comments:

Joanne said...

I'm envious! I wanted to go to a subdivision sale and I didn't get to! :-)

Bianca said...

You should post pictures of all your finds, you know the paiges looking on here want to know what things look like:-)

Diane said...

Isn't it fun? I love finding bargains. I just need a bigger house to put it all in! 8-)